Thursday, January 5, 2012

Let's kiss, the world's about to end.




Did you come for me?
There’s no easy answer to that.

It’s 2012, and the world is going to end, and we’re so sick of another New Year being nothing new but simply more of the old, so we try being in love for just one more night.

I button your pea-coat. You brush my hair. We hold hands over dinner though it makes eating really difficult. Your right, my left. We giggle. You artfully pick up the Kan Poong Gi with your chopsticks and feed me with all the love both of us hope we don’t have. We talk at the same time.

Sometimes, I might make you feel like I do all these drugs because of you, but I don't. I'm a weak person. I do them because I'm an addict.
Sometimes, I get ill with fevers and rib aches, but that's not your fault. I do foolish things to get that way.

Drugs: crossing Valium, Anti-depressants, Lexantol, Cough Syrups and a field of Hash. Some curse of an unborn descendent fell upon him.
Foolish things: never wearing socks and running outside every time she hears the wind too loud or the rain too soft without a coat. Some part of an ancestor’s free spirit never left her.

Do I love you? Truth: I don't know. If I don't, I don't have a reason to paint or like the music I listen to, or long or desire till I think it will kill me or read books with nonsensical titles or like perfumes or rain. But if I do, we’re both going to hell.
Truth: you don't. But life is just easier if you think you do.

For that one night, she cooked dinner. He lit no candles so they could eat to the light of the stars.

When I'm around you, I don't want to smoke up. I don't want to anything.
When I'm with you, the fact that this will never work out stops bothering me. I keep on bringing it up, because when I'm with you, I stop believing it myself.

Later, they modelled a city together: his final-year project. Fought over why there weren’t enough bridges over the river. And thus 2012 began, end of lovers, beginning of friends. By the first quarter, we’ll be lovers again because boundaries drive us over the edge – and always together. I’ve placed a hundred against it, but I’m hoping I will lose.


(This is the official 'Happy Post' for 2012. There probably won't be more of these.)

5 comments:

  1. You write beautifully, Aporia!

    "For that one night, she cooked dinner. He lit no candles so they could eat to the light of the stars." Beautiful!

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog and putting a smile on my face! I love your name!

    Best Wishes for a Happy 2012 (even though this will be the last 'happy' post of the year :p
    Fiona *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. "But if I do, we’re both going to hell.
    Truth: you don't. But life is just easier if you think you do."


    cutest of ur posts so far :D love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. " Some part of an ancestor’s free spirit never left her."
    "we’ll be lovers again because boundaries drive us over the edge – and always together. "

    By now I've stopped wondering how you weave such heartbreaking magic every time you write.

    By now, I know that you can't help it. The rivers of impossible love meander through the core of you.

    By now, I am hooked. :) But you knew that, already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful analysis of our last year :)

    ReplyDelete