Friday, November 18, 2011

That place.



This would not have happened if I hadn’t missed my plane
I would have been there when they told you I’m the rat within the grain
Within this big misunderstanding now, I’m being misunderstood
I’m thinking someone’s trying to fuck with me, and set fire to my wood


“Kiss me”
“No”
And with that one word, I fell out of love.

It’s a stupid situation now where everything goes wrong
If you can’t tell if I am lying, then you do not belong
In my bed, go rest your head upon the bones of a bigger man
He can cover you with rock wool and you can close up like a clam


Before I fell asleep that night, you read out Rumi
‘Away –
From the concepts of right-doing and wrong-doing
There is a field:
I shall meet you there.’

Perhaps I will tell you tomorrow.

So go play with your piano, write a mediocre song
Out of your shell of mediocrity, pretend that nothing’s wrong...

I only want it to be wonderful and wonderful is true
In truth I only really wanted to be wanted by you

4 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do it...your words, they slay me.
    They're always painful, forever beautiful.
    And all your posts haunt me for days...And I keep coming back to them.
    "“Kiss me”
    “No”
    And with that one word, I fell out of love. "

    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "your words ...they slay me" ...i couldnt agree more with the person above ..... Toxic..... beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. That's my favorite Rumi quote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why couldn't love be easy?

    "In truth I only really wanted to be wanted by you" - these aren't words, they're shrapnel

    ReplyDelete