Sunday, February 28, 2010

"Am I a cad if I mean everything I say?"

I come to you, in a delusional trance.

Where have you been? All this time?
Stop hiding. This is bad for my nerves.
Freak.
Dork.
Ghadi.
Khoteh.
Gandi.
Kaleh.
Let's make out.
Let's not.

He holds you while he kisses your chin.
I'd skip a thousand meals for this.
So I can be sued in a court of law for molesting a starving-Ethiopian-looking creature? No thanks.
And I'll be damned to have a girl who does that?
What girl have you been having?
Fuck that. Let me kiss your wrist.
Get away.
You do it anyway.
That dress you wore, no one else can see you in it. When you cut your hair, give it to me.
You're creepy as hell.
And you're my lover.
No I'm not.
What are you talking about? I hear your heart throb faster every time I tell you I'll hold you.
Oh shut up. It's the drugs I tell you.
The drugs don't work anymore.


I don't know who I am when I'm with you.
I sing songs the words to which I don't know.
Across the room, he glanced at the champagne sari and smiled. Hello, Cinderella.
She screamed for hours at how perfect my life is.
"Nothing gets her down, she is intense and busy and MUN-ing, sometimes I wish I was more like that."
After I clam up, he asked me if we were still good.
Autumn leaves lay plastered on the red margins of the road.
Later, the trees were bare threads.
From tiny perfume bottles, I get the scent of my wrist.
On starless nights and fairy lights, I have wished for you.
A tired balcony, a chaotic melody.
Paint me a monster. Paint me a goddess. Draw me with nothing.
When you talk of barriers, you somehow get it right.
We are destined to doom each other.
As I blow smoke at you
Wish on red clover leaves for the life you don't have
Ask
The lights across your window
The window into another life;


Will I ever be able to reach you?
It's not that hard.
Shush.

Dance with me tonight.

2 comments:

  1. "when you cut your hair, give it to me.." Intense.


    I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'know. This love thing, take it from me, doesn't do anyone good.

    ReplyDelete